[Vision2020] Wayne's election comment

Area Man areaman at moscow.com
Thu Mar 9 12:33:33 PST 2006

Kit says:
	""--  5.4 times the votes between "Carscallen" and
"Craine"--adjacent  names on the list.
	Question: What happened to those ballots? Were they counted or
thrown out?"

So Kit got all my votes?!?!?  (easy now, count to ten . . . My tongue is
planted in my cheek)

Then Kit says:

	"There were a large number of undervotes. Although these can be
explained by people voting for fewer than three candidates, more than
	a third of the possible votes were in this category. That seems
a  little extreme."

Not extreme, that was a strategy.  Look at the winners in Mayoral and
the two-year race, and compare that with the top vote-getter in the
4-year race:
	mayor  -- 2061
	2-year -- 2040
	4-year -- 1932

With that close of a spread, it's fairly obvious that there was a
strategy among voters, especially when you look at the next vote-getters
for those positions:
	mayor -- 1767
	2-year -- 1760
	4-year -- 1770

A pretty good chunk of strategery, if I do say so myself.

Maybe I'm a pollyanna, but I don't really see "fraud", and as Keely
stated, making the accusation without proof is kinda hinky, and the
accusation should be dropped.

If there wasn't so much other stuff going on that our City Council is
dealing with, I do agree with Kit that maybe this should be looked at.
I don't like someone saying, though, that  our city clerk is
inexperienced, since every time I talked with her regarding any of the
reports I had to file or anything else to do with the election, she knew
her stuff.  She did a bangup job, in my opinion.  This ain't her first
ro-day-o.  There were almost as many candidates in the prior election.

Your pal, and Tom Hansen's favorite two-time loser,

DC