[Vision2020] Wayne's election comment

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Mar 9 09:49:05 PST 2006

James, et al,

There are other subscribers on this list who could give a less terse, more
informative analysis of the problems of the last City of Moscow election
than I briefly posted.  I talked to at least two of them last night.  Their
words would carry much more weight than mine, hence I encourage them or
others with the details to post.

This information about the egregious defects in the last city election is
not a deep "state" secret although some of those involved might wish it to
be.

The voting system needs to be fixed so that mistakes, cheating, and/or
disenfranchisement have a much, much lower probability of occurring.  The
place to start is on the local level.  I hope the Moscow City Council and
the Latah County Commissioners have enough faith in the democratic process
to invest the time, effort, and resources to attempt to provide for their
constituents a near-to-perfect-as-possible voting system.  Soon.

Without each voter's vote counting exactly as they intended, it is a
hypocritical farce to talk about choice and the democratic process.  If the
numbers in the original post below are not a wake-up call, I am afraid that
the battle is already lost to apathy.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421