[Vision2020] My V2020 Theme Song and a Challenge

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 8 11:43:26 PST 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

As suggested earlier, perhaps what this forum needs is a "theme song".  As
much as some people may want to believe that Moscow Vision 2020 is nothing
more than one big dark cloud that denigrates the soul and character of our
town, I believe there is sunshine that reflects brightly off of that dark
cloud's silver lining.  Regardless how darkly people try to portray our
city, each of us must create and nurture within all of us . . .

"Reason to Believe"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Sounds/Reason_to_Believe.mp3

Challenge to our heavily burdened city council and our glorious mayor:

What the "Heart of the Arts" city needs is an official song that reflects
the character and heart of its people.  After all, San Francisco has "San
Francisco", New York has "New York, New York", Seattle has "Seattle, the
Peerless City", and Boise has "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard" (sorry,
I'm a UI alum and couldn't pass it up).  So, how about it, guys?  Can we
find somebody (or group) who can compose and pen the lyrics to Moscow's
official city song?  UI has a College of Music.  I am certain that, if given
the opportunity, some up-and-comers may want to go down in history as the
creator(s) of "Moscow, My Moscow".

Until then . . .

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."