[Vision2020] oh, my, oh my, oh my...

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 21:15:26 PST 2006

"Considers themselves to be a "partner" in a relationship and not just an inactive participant?"

  Tom, what is an "inactive participant"?

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:WHAT?!  Social Causation of women in F-16's? I must admit, sometimes my wife's  reflexes are better than mine, especially when I tick her off.  At  those times she would probably be dangerous in an F-16.  But  I am thinking that is not the point being made? The term "health nazi"  has me perplexed.  What is a health nazi? Maybe it would be  more productive to describe "feminist"?  Perhaps a strong woman  who can think for herself?  Considers themselves to be a "partner"  in a relationship and not just an inactive participant?

Michael <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Keely & J,

  I don’t think Wilson’s  point (he quotes from his own book) was that women in the pulpit led to  sodomites and health nazi’s; rather, this led to women in the cockpit  of F-16s. This seems a tame claim to me, one I suspect we would all  actually agree with. Perhaps at the very most women in pulpits led to  feminism, but that doesn’t seem right historically.  So I’m  assuming this point about women is merely an illustration of social  causation involved with the separate and preceding list.

  Michael Metzler

  Wilson's vile spittal:

  "The  declension of culture in America is comparable to well-meaning but  naive ! parents who raise a child without discipline and without  instilling self-control and who are then shocked at the extent of the  rebellion apparent when that child gets away from home. The extent of  our current rebellion can be seen in our cultural parade of sodomites,  cotqueans, health nazis, and feminists. But the nature of this  rebellion was established long before. There were women in pulpits and  standing at altars long before they were seated in the cockpits of  F-16s" (The Paideia of God, p. 116).
  Posted by Douglas Wilson - 3/6/2006 3:46:45 PM "

  So,  those involved with the doggy do-do in the cars, aimed ONLY at those in  disagreement with Doug - where do they fall within his tirade?   What self-control did they show?  How about those that were  invovled in the snowball fight in the parking lot this winter, that a  community business owner complained of at a City Meeting?  Of the  deceitful manner in which Halverson gathered signatures for a bogus  petition?  Or those that start up businesses in illegal places and  ways?  Or open betting houses and then refuse to pay taxes on the  house's "take"?  Obviously, I could go on and on and on....

  And in reference to "women at the pulpit!   " - where   does that leave Debra?  or Mary, for that matter?  What, now women can't even "stand at the alter"?
  Where's it say that?

  And  just what the bleep is a "health nazi"?  Or is this another  example of Doug calling someone names that he does not agree  with?  Guess you missed the part in the Bible, Doug, that says  "Love your neighbor as yourself" - either that, or you have a boat-load  of self-loathing going on.

  J  :]

  >From: "keely emerinemix" <kjajmix1 at msn.com>
  >To: vision2020 at moscow.com
  >Subject: [Vision2020] oh, my
  >Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:40:04 -0800
  >

  >While checking out Blog and Mablog, Doug Wilson's contribution to . . .
  >well, to something . . . I noticed a post dated March 6 called "Where
  >The Problem Started."  While DW is quoting again from another work, he
  >clearly affirms the message, and as a woman who has stood in the pulpit
  >and preached, I wa!   s unaware   I had caused so many of the world's alleged
  >problems.
  >
  >Vile stuff, but filling enough for his audience, I guess.  After all,
  >even weak and abused sheep get hungry enough to munch on thistles.
  >
  >keely

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

   PhotoMail  - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail._____________________________________________________