[Vision2020] Bush Seeks Line-Item Veto

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 15:41:52 PST 2006

To a minor degree you are correct, Ms. Kraut.

In 1984, during the Reagan administration, the Republicans pursued and
(after a couple years) realized line-item veto authority.  This authority
remained intact through the Bush (Sr.) administration and into the Clinton
administration.  In 1997 the Republicans attempted successfully to terminate
line-item veto authority, claiming it to be unconstitutional.

An now . . .