[Vision2020] oh, my, oh my, oh my...

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Mar 7 13:24:46 PST 2006

Keely & J,

I don't think Wilson's point (he quotes from his own book) was that women in
the pulpit led to sodomites and health nazi's; rather, this led to women in
the cockpit of F-16s. This seems a tame claim to me, one I suspect we would
all actually agree with. Perhaps at the very most women in pulpits led to
feminism, but that doesn't seem right historically.  So I'm assuming this
point about women is merely an illustration of social causation involved
with the separate and preceding list.

Michael Metzler

Wilson's vile spittal:

"The declension of culture in America is comparable to well-meaning but
naive parents who raise a child without discipline and without instilling
self-control and who are then shocked at the extent of the rebellion
apparent when that child gets away from home. The extent of our current
rebellion can be seen in our cultural parade of sodomites, cotqueans, health
nazis, and feminists. But the nature of this rebellion was established long
before. There were women in pulpits and standing at altars long before they
were seated in the cockpits of F-16s" (The Paideia of God, p. 116).

Posted by Douglas Wilson - 3/6/2006 3:46:45 PM "

So, those involved with the doggy do-do in the cars, aimed ONLY at those in
disagreement with Doug - where do they fall within his tirade?  What
self-control did they show?  How about those that were invovled in the
snowball fight in the parking lot this winter, that a community business
owner complained of at a City Meeting?  Of the deceitful manner in which
Halverson gathered signatures for a bogus petition?  Or those that start up
businesses in illegal places and ways?  Or open betting houses and then
refuse to pay taxes on the house's "take"?  Obviously, I could go on and on
and on....

And in reference to "women at the pulpit" - where does that leave Debra?  or
Mary, for that matter?  What, now women can't even "stand at the alter"?

Where's it say that?

And just what the bleep is a "health nazi"?  Or is this another example of
Doug calling someone names that he does not agree with?  Guess you missed
the part in the Bible, Doug, that says "Love your neighbor as yourself" -
either that, or you have a boat-load of self-loathing going on.

J  :]