[Vision2020] Goodbye my dear friend

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Mar 3 14:16:15 PST 2006

Dear Chris,

I'm so very sorry.  I've written a brief tribute to Phil and put it up
on New West; it's the lead article on the Northern Idaho node today.  I
think Phil would have liked that.  But what he would like even more,
perhaps, are loads of comments and reminiscences about him.  And so,
Visionaries, you might consider logging onto New West (www.newwest.net)
and posting your tributes, comments, arguments (since Phil liked
those), and observations about this very interesting, very complicated
man.  I'd love to see a comment chain so long it takes hours to read.
Phil deserves that; he really does.

I'm going to miss Phil.  He was one of those guys that you find
yourself liking in spite of your initial (and firm!) determination not
to.  I remember thinking when Phil and I finally met in person, "How
could I be having such a lot of fun with a damned Republican?"  And yet
I did.  I did indeed.

A damned Democrat,
Joan

Joan Opyr