[Vision2020] Re: Gay marriage...... an oxymoron......

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Mar 3 11:00:46 PST 2006

Joan writes:

"I would go further and point out that homosexual behavior is far from unnatural; it's actually quite common throughout the biological world.  I recommend the books "Biological Exuberance" and, for a humorous as well as a factual take on the whole matter, "Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice for All Creation."  Same-sex couplings among the higher orders are frequent and well documented.  The unnatural argument is nothing more than homophobia masquerading as science."

Perhaps the ethereal Nolan Lynch and Tony Simpson are very sheltered cityslickers:

Anyone who has spent time at a zoo would know that same gender sexual relations are common.  See:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1284769.html
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL

Anyone who spends time observing wildlife would know that same gender sexual relations are common.

Especially anyone who has lived on a farm which raises various kinds of animals and fowl would know that same gender sexual relations are common, in some instances and conditions more common than different gender sexual relations.

Hence, calling same gender sexual relations "unnatural" is simply displaying abysmal ignorance which, of course, leads one to suspect that Nolan and Tony are affiliated with the Wilson & Family's Cult & Cash Machine.  Ignorance is sometimes easy to cure if the sufferer has an open mind; homophobia, and its attendant pathology, much more difficult.

>From the vehemence of their writings one strongly suspects that both Nolan and Tony are in excruciating pain caused by reaction-formation***.  Perhaps they should get together and attempt to alleviate that condition by exorcising that blinding, crippling pain with mutual pleasure.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

***REACTION-FORMATION : The blocking of desire by its opposite. "Reaction-formation" is the term Freud uses to describe the mechanism whereby the ego reacts to the impulses of the id by creating an antithetical formation that blocks repressed cathexes. For example, someone who feels homosexual desire might repress that desire by turning it into hatred for all homosexuals. See also substitute-formation.
[http://www.cla.purdue.edu/academic/engl/theory/psychoanalysis/definitions/reactionformation.html]