[Vision2020] Nate Halvorson's Good Work - Thanks, Nate

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 2 07:39:56 PST 2006

I would like to take a moment to reply to the Woolf/Huskey bad mouthing tag team. While I was not at my place of business on the fateful day Nate Halvorson and partner came in to see if we would be willing to sign their  petition, I have it on good authority that they stated their case plainly, comported themselves quite well and left an overall favorable impression. Over the last few years, in the course of my job, I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few NSA students, Mr. Halvorson included and have always found them well spoken and extremely easy to get along with and while I'm not sure what constitutes "a blessing to our community" I do know that these students are not the blight you make them out to be, quite the opposite.

As to the petition being a "P. R. disaster" I suspect that the people with the irrational dislike for the NSA folks had their feelings confirmed. The rest of the community saw it for what it was, an unofficial, unscientific, measure of support from downtown businesses who do not find having a few additional customers roaming the streets a burden and don't develop a case of the vapors every time the subject comes up.

G. Crabtree