[Vision2020] Nate Halvorson's Good Work - Thanks, Nate

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 17:12:57 PST 2006

Terry, Visionaries, and Chris:

The petition is old news, Chris.  Although it was a P.R. disaster  for NSA,
the petition proved (unintentionally, I'm sure) helpful  in other areas of
interest.  "Truly the Lord moves in mysterious ways, His  wonders to perform."
(If Dr. Schuler were still the music faculty at NSA  he could introduce you to
the hymns of William Cowper - but alas, and to  the genuine loss of the college
and the community, he left NSA.  (Didn't  his departure have something to do
with the price one pays for disagreeing with
Executive-Board-Member-for-Life-And Probably-Even-After-Death, Doug  Wilson?  It is small wonder that NSA
employees and students trip over  themselves to prove their loyalty.  Good
heavens, the cost  of academic and personal integrity - if it conflicts with Doug
Wilson's vision - is mighty high at NSA.

I attended the city meeting that Chris mentioned in his email.  Mr.  Williams
was among several folks who complained about the tactics employed by  the
"blessing to our community," Nate Halvorson and other NSA students.   Whatever
Nate's character or maturity level I'm not surprised (but saddened  and
disappointed) that Chris happily aligns himself with Nate.  Mr.  Halvorson is quite a
chip off the old Kirk block.  I suppose we can  consider him an elder in
training - he certainly seems to have the  modus operandi down pat.

Rose  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi