[Vision2020] Anselm House & Nepotism

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Wed Mar 1 17:58:21 PST 2006

"Anselm House, where they promote family values almost as often as they
promote family members."

Tom,

I'm not sure where you are getting your information.  The only thing I know
about this for sure is that Doug Wilson told me three years ago that he is
ok with "nepotism," noting the fact that I would "have to work twice as
hard" as his son Nate to get the same approval rating of my work, or ability
to land some future job.  But his position is nuanced.  Worked into his
theory is the idea that because Nate is Doug's son, Nate is more likely to
succeed or more likely to remain loyal to the family/church cause than
someone like me. Nate is more likely to resemble his own father, and so a
bit of aristocratic nepotism is justified (and I suppose explained to young
upstarts like myself-I think I had just asked about offering my services for
free as a teaching assistant at NSA since that was what I was doing in
Michigan before coming back). So I just wanted to defend Doug Wilson a
little bit here and help clarify his position.

Thanks

Michael Metzler