[Vision2020] My Pictures

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 30 13:42:40 PDT 2006

Dear Mr. Foucachon,

You wrote:
"But I don't want my pictures used on sites that slander places or people
that I respect."
AND
"I would think Mr. Hansen would understand my request, and simply remove it.
(If he just removed the picture, without replacing it, it would take him
under a minute)"

Yes, I do understand how you feel.  I direct you to an email posted to V2020
some time back when the shoe was on the other foot:

"On April 28, 2005, Dale posted (without permission from the owner of the
photograph) a picture of Saundra Lund and me at a private gathering which
furnished Dale and his blogging companions ample opportunities to refer to
me as a sow, Saundra and I both as "piggies," and just to generally note
that we were, in the eyes of those beholders, two very ugly women.  BTW, the
original photograph was in the so-called public domain for less than 2 hours
before it was taken down by the photographer.  Dale had to have copied and
saved that picture for more than eight months, waiting for the "right-mind"
moment to share it.  How weird is that?  Can you say Norman Bates?

Recently. Dale posted a photograph of Nick Gier (almost certainly without
permission) attending a Hindu celebration.  The text of that blog
accompanying the photo of Nick contained an article about the murder of a
young women in an Islamic community.  Dale added his own remarks at the
bottom of the article:

"Dedicated to Nick Gier, who cannot tell the difference between the Taliban
and Evangelical Christians.  Don't forget his PhD stands for Piled Higher
and Deeper."

On May 16, 2005, Dale posted an un-attributed but breathtakingly beautiful
photograph of the Aurora borealis over what appears to be the Palouse.  The
picture bears an uncanny resemblance to Japer Nance's work, which is, of
course, copyrighted.

The point is this: Dale reflects an attitude that is endemic among his
fellow kirkers: what's mine in mine and I'm going to keep it, and what's
yours is mine and I want that, too.  He helps himself -- without so much as
a by your leave -- to whatever he wants.  Your words, your photographs, and
your property tax dollars.

It may be the case that a notice on your emails that the material is
copyrighted would prevent Dale from reproducing it.  Then again, maybe not.
He lives in a smug, self-righteous little world which extends automatic
privilege and entitlement to puffed-up men who call themselves "Saints" and
who dismiss the rights of the rest of us.

Rose Huskey"

I really don't like my picture or my thoughts/words being taken out of
context and used on a site that slanders people & places I respect, either.
Such a simple request, really, but one that Dale Courtney has time & time
again blatantly refused to honor  :-(

Yes, I really *do* understand how you feel.  Perhaps as an aggrieved party,
you can broker a deal with Dale Courtney and let him know that you don't
appreciate that his flagrant and repeated disregard for the wishes of others
has put you in this position.  He wasn't willing to listen to those he's
hurt, but perhaps you'll have better luck.

I do NOT agree with any notion that two wrongs make a right, but I also
accept that what goes around tends to come around in unexpected ways.  Mr.
Courtney set the tone and precedent, and I'm sorry it finally found it's way
back to bite you, one of his brethren  :-(

Oh!  One point of clarification:  in the stolen picture Dale Courtney
delights in trotting out periodically on his blog site, that is beer in my
glass, but it's a pop in Rose Huskey's glass since she doesn't drink
alcohol.

Best Wishes,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****