[Vision2020] Re: Parking Downtown Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jun 30 06:38:02 PDT 2006

Question:  How much was GTE paying, that local businesses/residents must now
additionally pay, in annual property tax when it inhabited its old Main
Street address?

Follow-up Question:  How much property tax revenue would be realized if NSA,
Christ Church, Anselm House, Logos School, and Atlas School were not
tax-exempt and thus reducing the tax burden on local tax payers?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

And why shouldn't the rich pay taxes?

"The people that write laws are greedy.  They need money to buy votes.  What
better way to get it than to extract it, by force of law, from the
relatively few who can afford the nicer things in life.  If you can buy
something nice then you can pay more taxes so that politicians can give
something to the 'poor' and take a cut for themselves."

- Varnel W. (March 20, 2006)

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)