[Vision2020] Re: Parking Downtown Moscow

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Jun 28 11:52:55 PDT 2006

Phil says:
"If we determine there is a shortage of parking downtown at certain
times, then one question is what are the consequences of that shortage?
For example, do customers go elsewhere to do business as a result? The
conventional wisdom probably says "Yes," but I'd like to see evidence to
support the conventional wisdom. (Anecdotally, I've never gone elsewhere
to do business because I couldn't find a parking spot. The businesses
that have what I want determine where I shop, not parking. Perhaps I'm
an exception.)"

If this is the case, I'm just as much as exception as Phil. (Does this
make us exceptional?  I'd like to think so)  And if we're getting
anecdotal, I've never had a problem finding a place to park downtown, or
near enough for a short walk.  Maybe I'm still an exception . . .

BUT, as Phil so eloquently states, a comprehensive study of the
"problem" (real or perceived) needs to occur.  Maybe something can be
gleaned and expanded from the study the NSA is doing.  It would be nice
to get the whole parking thing defined so people don't have that "moving
target" to keep shooting at.

DC