[Vision2020] Re: Parking Downtown Moscow

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 20:30:53 PDT 2006

I'm one of those people who is put off going to downtown because I'm not
assured of convenient parking.  If I happen to be near downtown, then I
will walk in and do business there ocassionally.  If there is something
specific there that I want (such as a good sandwich from Wheatberries),
then I'll go there when I'm close to downtown.  If I'm at home and need
something, I hop in the car and go anywhere but downtown.  It just
doesn't even come up on my list of areas to head for.

If the odds of finding parking at any given time were higher, I'd go
there more - even  if I had to walk farther.  Once you're downtown, it's
no big deal because there are enough shops that you can easily get to
that are quite nice.  Another put off is that even when you find
parking, it's either behind a big building you have to walk around or
it's paralell parking on a busy street.  Sometimes you get lucky and
find some diagonal parking spots.

I can't imagine that I'm unique when it comes to this.

Anyway, I also welcome more data on this subject.

Paul