[Vision2020] Public Service, Princesses, and Puffery

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Jun 27 08:07:26 PDT 2006

Since I normally take my Bible teaching from people who don't go by silly,
cowardly pseudonyms, it feels a little odd to respond to the Princess and
his post about communion and congregational worship.  His erudition and
snottiness is an odd combination, but then again . . . I know his friends.
It doesn't surprise me.

But his comments about Michael Metzler and his idea that Michael is in some
sort of death spiral, unlike the soaring connoisseurs of truth, goodness,
and beauty at the Kirk, require some sort of response.  Even if it's from a
real girl, which the Princess clearly isn't.  (And not a real man, either,
but I suppose there's hope for the future . . . )

The Princess has elevated his particular doctrine of communion and
congregational worship, stemming from his exegesis of John 6, into an
absolute -- the final word on the subject, unassailable in its conclusion
and, like all inspired revelation and mature teaching, given primarily to
rebuke J Ford.  Time precludes a point-by-point examination of his doctrine
of salvation, paedocommunion and ecclesiology, but this anti-Princess would
like to point out that most Protestant churches do not hold to the
life-giving nature of the individual partaking of communion that he does,
believing instead that trust in Christ, not mode of communion, brings
salvation.

None of which, I imagine, is of interest to most Visionaires, but to let the
Princess bully his way into the sanctuary of truth -- to let him grab the
mike and hold forth unchallenged -- would put my morning into a death
spiral.  The Princess is too impressed with himself by half, and I'm
guessing that most of us have had enough in whole.

keely