[Vision2020] Principles of communion: (was Public Service, Princesses, and Puffery)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue Jun 27 11:20:01 PDT 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 8:07 AM, keely emerinemix wrote:

> The Princess has elevated his particular doctrine of communion and
> congregational worship, stemming from his exegesis of John 6, into an
> absolute -- the final word on the subject, unassailable in its
> conclusion and, like all inspired revelation and mature teaching,
> given primarily to rebuke J Ford.  Time precludes a point-by-point
> examination of his doctrine of salvation, paedocommunion and
> ecclesiology, but this anti-Princess would like to point out that most
> Protestant churches do not hold to the life-giving nature of the
> individual partaking of communion that he does, believing instead that
> trust in Christ, not mode of communion, brings salvation.
>
> None of which, I imagine, is of interest to most Visionaires, but to
> let the Princess bully his way into the sanctuary of truth -- to let
> him grab the mike and hold forth unchallenged -- would put my morning
> into a death spiral.  The Princess is too impressed with himself by
> half, and I'm guessing that most of us have had enough in whole.

Hello Keely, Joe, Michael and J. Ford:

Perhaps this subject doesn't interest many Visionaries, but it does
interest me and, as we've been told over and over, it's all about
freedom around here, right?  With that in mind, I have a question for
you.  Biblically, what is communion if not communion with God?  For
Jews, "communion" is without intercessor.  I know, of course, that this
is different for Christians.  You have a savior, a messiah.  No one
gets to the Father without the Son.  Correct so far?

Jesus was called Rabbi, but for Christians, Jesus was obviously much
more than that.  As for me . . . I've got the Rabbi, but he or she does
not stand between me and the Almighty; neither is he or she a door.
The Rabbi is a priest and, one hopes, a source of wisdom and knowledge,
but he or she is not a stairway to heaven.  It's generally considered a
good thing to go to synagogue.  It's good to have a relationship (a
communion?) with other worshippers.  But is it essential?  God spoke to
Abraham in the middle of the desert.  God chatted with Moses up on the
mountaintop.  No congregations were present.  There were no witnesses.

So, my Christian friends, what I'd like to know is what you make of the
following passage.  Does this not directly contradict Princess Wittmer
Wilson Jones' convoluted you-pick Bible passages?

Matthew 6:5, 6: "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for
they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners
to be seen by men. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door
and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what
is done in secret, will reward you."

Close the door and pray in secret.  Commune with God without the
benefit (or distraction) of a congregation full of witnesses.  How,
exactly, do you spin this into "pray with us publicly or you're out of
communion?"

Thanks in advance for sincere answers,
Joan

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment