[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:43:35 PDT 2006

> ACS writes: [[ What the Church can do is compel people to do is behave in an
> outward manner that conforms with Christian standards. ]]
>
> PS corrects: The only method of compulsion that the Church has is the threat
> of excommunication. And the Church has exactly ZERO power to compel people
> outside the Church to do anything.

This is the current standard as far as the church's temporal powers.
Is this the extent to which Christ Church believes the Law should be
enforced? If the answer is "yes," then I'll admit to being deluded and
disappear. If the answer is "no," then perhaps you should look up the
definition of the word "taqiyya" and determine whether this is truly a
Christian concept.

-- ACS