[Vision2020] Submission

John D johnd550 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 15:10:06 PDT 2006

Michael <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:

  > The unique kind of submission of a woman toward her husband as
  > found in the New Testament really is not sufficiently different
  > enough from the patriarchical creepiness that we have gladly
  > freed ourselves from.  Any kind of unique form of submission
  > that might be required of a wife that would not be required of a
  > husband - at least to the same extent - is by definition the
  > partaking in an institution of oppression.  Therefore,
  > Christianity cannot be true

  1 Corinthians 11:3
  Woman is subordinate to man, man is subordinate to Christ, Christ is subordinate to God.
  God > Christ > man > woman

  1 Corinthians 11:5
  Women have to cover their heads during prayer or preaching, because doing otherwise brings shame upon their men.

  1 Corinthians 11:7
  Man is made in the image of God. Woman is made in the image of man.

  1 Corinthians 11:8-9
  God made woman for man, not the other way around.

  1 Corinthians 11:10
  A woman has to cover her head, as a sign that she submits to her husband.

  1 Corinthians 14:34
  If believers gather, women have to be silent. They have to be humble enough to leave the talking to their husbands.

  1 Corinthians 14:35
 If a woman has a question, she can't ask it in church, because women are not allowed to talk in church. Rather, she should ask her husband the question at home.

  Ephesians 5:22
  Women should submit to their husband, just like they submit to Christ.

  Ephesians 5:23
  A man commands his woman, just like Christ commands the church.

  Ephesians 5:24
  Women have to obey their husbands in all aspects, just like the church has to obey Christ in all aspects.

  Ephesians 5:33
  Men have to merely love their women as they love themselves. Women have to respect their men.

  Colossians 3:18
  Women must submit to their husbands, because that's what Christ expects.

  1 Timothy 2:11
  Women have to be humble and meekly listen to what they are taught.

  1 Timothy 2:12
  Women cannot teach men, nor can they be their boss. They have to be calm.

  1 Timothy 2:14
  Women are responsible for letting sin into the world.

  1 Timothy 2:15
  But don't worry. They will be saved if they live meekly and modestly.

  Titus 2:4-5
  Older women have to teach younger ones to live meekly, stay at home, and be obedient to their husbands.

  1 Peter 3:1
  Women must subject to their husbands.

  1 Peter 3:5
  Good women in the old days were subjected to their husbands.