[Vision2020] New category on Liberal Moscow

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Jun 11 21:46:00 PDT 2006

Dear Visionaries:

Liberal Moscow blog members, users, and readers will notice that there
is a new category up on the site called "Sitler & Wight."  Why would I
do this?  Because this is a topic of ongoing community concern.  Also,
I want it known that Liberal Moscow stands in solidarity with First
Step, Kevin Owen, and Vision 2020.  I could not disagree more strongly
with Tony Rogers and others who believe that it's best if the subject
of Sitler and Wight simply disappear.  We can discuss the ongoing
issues of concern related to these cases without doing damage to the
survivors of abuse.  How?  Saundra has several sensible and realistic
suggestions, as do many on this list who have actually worked with and
known the survivors of abuse.

As for Liberal Moscow, well, take a look and see:

http://emmagoldman.wordpress.com/tag/sitler-wight/

Should I find myself the unhappy recipient of a threatening fax or two,
I will post them first to Liberal Moscow and then to Vision 2020.  Like
as not, I'll also write about them on New West.  Fame at last, eh?
Except, of course, that the threats are always anonymous.  I get a
bucket of the things every day, occasionally from the likes of The Army
of God.  Sometimes, like this morning, I just get a one-sentence
warning that I am never, ever again to mention Kendrick, Idaho in
connection with the "gay agenda."  Puh-lease.  If you tune in to New
West (www.newwest.net) later this evening, you'll see how I've chosen
to deal with that one.

With a few qualified exceptions, I think anonymous posting is pathetic.
  Anonymous threats?  Give me a break.  Anonymous emails?  Who could
possibly take
PrincessPeaBrainTaroTanakaHelloKittySamuraiJackChristopherWittmerTopRame
nSoapOnARope seriously?  Dale Courtney, perhaps, but the rest of us?  I
should hope we'd have better sense.

Joan

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com