[Vision2020] Follow-up Dedication to the Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jun 11 18:43:22 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

This is not so much a follow-up dedication as it is an addendum to a writing
by Gaye Adegbalola (lead singer of Uppity Blues Women), read on the air by
Auntie.

"This date I do know: April 15, 2004. I took back my vow. I became a marcher
again. I became a protester again. I carefully made my sign (but with magic
markers this time). It boldly read "SAME TAXES, SAME RIGHTS!" I boldly
carried it back and forth in front of the downtown post office. As last
minute tax payers dropped off their forms, they saw us. They saw us with our
heads held high. I will never be INFERIOR again.

Seems to me that the issue is so clear. All those people who are vehemently
oppressing gays and lesbians are doing so in the name of religion. Yet there
is supposed to be a separation of church and state. How can they put their
religion on me, how can they put their judgment on me? THEY DO IT THE VERY
SAME WAY THE KLAN DID -- THEY BOTH USE THE BIBLE TO SANCTION
BLACK/GAY-LESBIAN HATRED.

Now my state, Virginia, is putting some of the most vicious, hate-filled
legislation into effect on July 1. There is another protest on June 30. I
will be there. I was asked to lead the singing of "We Shall Overcome." While
I felt honored to be asked, and while I am not ashamed to sing it loud, that
still is not MY song. I'm still not down with the dirge. I'm ready to create
a new "ungawah!" chant and then follow that with . . .

'Going to the chapel and we're gonna get ma-a-a-rried.'"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/Going_to_the_Chapel.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in
that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity,
their dignity and personhood,"

- Coretta Scott King (March 30, 1998)