[Vision2020] Gay amendment

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Jun 6 06:42:01 PDT 2006

Tom asks:
"Thoughts?"

Pure politics.  Everyone knows that it'll never become an amendment,
even those pushing for it.  Heck, we couldn't even keep liquor banned.
But if it energizes the bible belt base, gets the votes for whatever
else back into congress, it's gonna get pushed.  Then it'll be tabled
'til next time.  And the next time.  And the next time.

I'm sensing a pattern.  Plus, it works for both sides.  "Galvanizes"
both groups, so to speak.  And we're talkin' about it, so . . .

DC