[Vision2020] Gay amendment

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 06:54:16 PDT 2006

But for a lot of voters, it IS an issue.

I think that you are correct that it won't pass in the Senate.  I think it
may pass in the House, or at least the vote will be closer.

But this isn't an attempt to actually pass the legislation.  It's purely a
political move, and will be used as an issue in the November election.  It
will help distract from the war in Iraq, the possible (probable?) bombing of
Iran, our deficit problems, etc.

Sunil