[Vision2020] Gay amendment

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 6 07:09:27 PDT 2006

So, perhaps what the Dems should do is:

1)  Address the "Marriage Amendment" sufficiently as to keep it from passing
the House and Senate, but keep the volume at a level so that the "Marriage
Amendment" does not become the sole issue (as the Bush admenstruation would
like for it to be).

2)  Keep the American people focused on Iraq, health care, Republican
promises made but not kept, the economy, the deficit, etc. etc.

Is that what you are suggesting, Sunil?

I could go along with that.

Don't get me wrong, Sunil.  I believe, with every fiber of my being, that
marriages are not a faith-based initiative, but a bonding of two individuals
based on love and trust.  And that those individuals should be entitled to
the same rights when it comes to insurance, health care, inheritance, etc.
etc.

"Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in
Albany, Georgia and St. Augustine, Florida, and many other campaigns of the
Civil Rights Movement.  Many of these courageous men and women were fighting
for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and
I salute their contributions."

- Coretta Scott King (March 30, 1998)