[Vision2020] upcoming election

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 20:26:07 PDT 2006

I read a letter from Malcolm and Carol Renfrew in the Daily news today. There is a couple who have done the American dream in a style that can only be admired. Now these paradigms of American intellectual genious and capability are profoundly worried about our nation's future. They call for US citizens to find leaders that can handle the unprecedented problems our nation will be wrestling in the next few years. Our current Government has sold us out to fill their own pockets and to secure their personal lives. With very few exceptions (maybe) the people who run for federal office now do so with the intent of making their own selves better. The Statespersons of the History books are no longer running for office.

I suggest that we find new ways to get our Statespersons into office. The current practice is doomed to fill the seat with the next fortune seeker. Any candidate that is going to have a chance of getting elected is going to be sanctified by the very powers that be. There is no way to raise the kind of money to play the election game without holding the hand of the beast. What we need to do, and do quickly, is to develop a communications system whereby we can share our own personal choices for candidates. We need a citizens network to share good ideas and good people to vote into office. The current crop of Federal politicians has failed so miserably on all fronts that to continue with their ideas is to ensure our countries demise. All of our social contracts that hold this nation together: healthcare, retirement, education, transportation and energy are going to be challenged in the upcoming years. Our house is not in good shape. We need to install our problem solvers in public office to help us out of the mess we have gotten into. We cannot allow the profiteers to continue their plunder. We need men and women of profound intellect to help US citizens through this period.

The real question is can America regain its resourcefulness in time to meet the challenge? Can we find the leaders and get them in office this fall? It is up to us. There is no one else. If nothing else we can come up with our own lists and write the candidates in......if that is possible.

James