[Vision2020] Woefully Blind

The Scimitar thescimitar13 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 20:08:38 PDT 2006

There were once two brothers separated by a common hypocrisy.  You see, it's
 all about presentation.

Let us (unbiblically) expose people's sins and cover up our own including our
families and fond friends.  You see, it's all about presentation.

Anger, be it so ever far from me, but then to be angry (righteously so) one must
care, "really" care.  "I know what you are doing, that you are neither cold nor hot.
I would you were one or the other.  So because you are lukewarm, neither cold
 nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:15,16).  Self-deception,
 such a vainglorious thing, and in the end such a cold commodity.  But, you see
 it's all about presentation.

That good old "Christian" sin of gossiping, so preached against in the pulpit but
so coveted at home, and please let us not forget bitterness which everyone,
but we and ours, is guilty of.  You see, it's all about presentation.

Brother one is never "really" wrong, and brother two is too "cool" to "really" be
constructively criticized.  Posing is mistaken for stature.  You see, it's all about
presentation.

Why, we are epics in our own eyes and our close lidded kin and friends.  Little
Geneva/medieval for one, and Oxford, England for the other.  You see, it's all
about presentation.

Lucre.  Why there is no compromise.  See what good stewards we are.  Cigars
and wine before insurance.  Why, if the need ever arise, 'twill be the duty of
good Christians who have sacrificed, thus, to help me.  You see, it's all about
presentation.

Repent, repent, repent.  Everyone but me and mine.  Recompense.  Everyone but
me and mine.  You see, it's all about presentation.

"The wisdom of the prudent is to know where he is going; but the folly of fools is deceit" (Proverbs 14:8).

"My brethren have dealt deceitfully as ravines with streams, as streams that soon
run dry;" "The paths of their way are turned aside; they go to nothing and perish."
(Job 6:15,18)

"Woe to those seeing themselves as wise, esteeming themselves as clever.
Woe to those who are energetic at drinking wine and whose vigor goes to mixing
strong drinks, who acquit the guilty for bribes, and take away the righteousness
of the righteous from him!" (Isaiah 5:21-23)

Those who really care for the souls of men must "stay away from stupid and
ignorant controversies, knowing that they do gender strifes" (II Timothy 2:23),
"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, suitable
to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; for
God may perhaps grant them the opportunity to turn from their sins, acquire full
knowledge of the truth, come to their senses and escape the trap of the
adversary, who are taken captive by him to do his will" (II Timothy 2:23-26).

"He that hath an ear, let him hear..." (Revelation 2:7)

<Scimitar>