[Vision2020] Boise's Dominance: Micron, HP

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Sat Jun 3 21:58:21 PDT 2006

Actually Ted, since Latah County derives about
66% of its regional income from subsidies and
transfer payments (yes, we are in effect a
welfare county), if Boise were to suffer
significant economic decline, we would feel the
effect rather quickly (lower subsidies).

Since we don't have a robust export-based
economy, we will never have economic power.  To
have economic power, you first, have to pay your own way - we don't.