[Vision2020] Boise's Dominance: Micron, HP

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Sat Jun 3 22:08:52 PDT 2006

regarding transfer payments:

According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis data available at the
Northwest Area Foundation Indicator Website I've mentioned before, the
breakdown of income for latah county is as follows:

Individuals and households get their income from three main sources:
-net earnings;
-dividends, interest, and rent;
-and transfer payments (for example, Social Security and Unemployment
Compensation).

Among Latah County residents in 2004. . .

-net earnings made up 69 percent of personal income, compared to 75
percent in 1970;

-dividends, interest and rent - income from investments - made up 17
percent of personal income, compared to 16 percent in 1970;

-transfer payments made up 14 percent of personal income, compared to 9
percent in 1970.

http://www.indicators.nwaf.org/DrawRegion.aspx?RegionID=16057&IndicatorID=8

I am not certain what you mean by subsidies but the figure of 66% doesn't
seem representative of actual income receipts. The U.S. and Idaho average
is 15% from transfer payments.

Debbie