[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show(July23, 2006)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Jul 25 07:13:26 PDT 2006

Tony,

Once again, I disagree with virtually everything you've written.

Once again, I remind you that there's no need for you to wait to welcome "as
patriots" those of us to your left politically.  We love our country.  Some
of us fought in our armed forces, some of us serve in elected positions,
some of us volunteer countless hours in food banks, after-school programs,
senior centers, hospices, and other places that need help.  We do so because
we believe that the way to show love for our country and respect for its
ideals is to step into the game, as it were, and give out of our abundance
to organizations that best respresent those ideals.  We may not always get
it right, but we're trying -- trying to make our communities, which together
form the wonderful tapestry of American life, the best they can be.  And
while we often disagree with them, we know our sisters and brothers to the
right of us politically love their country as well.  That is, until we see
evidence that they don't.

I'm sorry you look at Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld as moral men doing their
best for the nation they love.  I don't think it's the United States of
America they love, but the privilege the free market has bestowed upon them.
  There's a paucity of sacrifice, nobility, honor and integrity in their
resumes, and an overwhelming indication that avarice, not alutruism, has
been their guiding light.

Your contributions to Vision, while provocative and heartfelt, appear to
reveal what you rail against liberals for, and that is an unfettered belief
that everyone not like you must be bad.  I think the First Amendment
deserves a better defense than that, if you're truly interested.

keely