[Vision2020] Property tax cut?

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Mon Jul 24 12:54:16 PDT 2006

Jford asks:
"Have you noticed the increase in State Police in the area?  We see at
least
two different ones every day, now.  Anyone know what that is about?
Does
the City pay for them to be here or are they just on an increased patrol

area that now includes Moscow?  No, they are not just "cruising"
through.
We have seen them issueing tickets to people on the road in town."

The city doesn't pay for them.  The 'couplet' (Jackson and Washington
streets) are part of US95, and State Highway 8 (including part of Third
Street) also goes through town, and they fall under ISP jurisdiction.
Maybe ISP has hired more troopers, and that's why you are noticing more
of them.

Peace out,

DC