[Vision2020] A Change in the Weather

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 21:36:09 PDT 2006

We must have read different emails from Chas, Tony.

 The one I  read stated that he was unhappy with the behavior of his fellow  liberals, not with those that disagreed with him on politics as you  have implied. I know Chas is all for the 1st Amendment and welcomes  constructive debate, he even took the liberty of meeting with Doug  Wilson to talk about issues, he didn't try to shut him down.

  Best,

  _DJA

Tony Simpson <tonytime at clearwire.net> wrote:              Chas,

  Sure  wish I could cry like the rest over your departure, but it seems to me  that you were right in the thick of all that "childish sniping and  ridiculous accusations" you accuse a nebulous minority of  committing.  I can't say that I regret that the evolution of this  forum to include a broader array of views has caused you to bail  out.  Many people on the left share your distaste for  balance.  Indeed, as Editor Emeritus, Bill Hall of the Tribune has  stated, the truest test of one's respect for the first  amendment is when it comes time to share the forum with those with  whom you disagree.   Unfortunately you have failed  Editor Hall's test.  never the less, I wish you luck, and perhaps  a more genuine appreciation of the first amendment, in the future.

  Stay cool dude,      --Tony