[Vision2020] Islam, the path to WWIII?

John Dickinson johnd at moscow.com
Fri Jul 14 22:04:45 PDT 2006

Hi All-

My response to a note like this is that I believe one should never reduce a
nation or a religion to a single thought. It would be a bit like extending
and attributing the views or lifestyles of a small group of Americans to our
entire country. Like all Americans are homosexual, or we all spend winters
in Florida, or we all love George Bush, or we all eat only organic food. The
world, the countries, and the people in them are more complex and
interesting than that. There is a great deal of suffering going on at this
time in the Middle East. Some of it can be traced to us and some cannot. I
am not sure how to solve any of the issues there, but I do believe that name
calling doesn't help (here or there).

Thanks.

John Dickinson

  _____