[Vision2020] Islam, the path to WWIII? + RE: (no subject)

mark seman fcs at moscow.com
Sat Jul 15 03:14:08 PDT 2006

V,
You'll have to pardon me on my late response, most of my Life I've
considered myself a bit slower than most, or rather, "self-paced."  I've
most always tried to control the speed and other characteristics of my
environment and I think I know when I've succeeded or not.  Remember, this
is still an ARTform in-progress.  Whether it comes to fruition...,"Only
time...," as the cliche (sp.) goes.

What I'll try to do is seamlessly (I know it would be perfect) weave a
number of somewhat-recent V-threads into one fabric, or f-email - as it
digitally goes.

Sitler:
I can recall myself being about 3-4y.o. (I know it was before 2nd grade, but
I'm not sure how much before) when I was molested.  I knew the other boy.
He was our neighbor.  I think he was about 3 years older than my brother
(they never got along well as far as I can recall.)  That would make my
molester about 11y.o.  He wasn't mean to me, although he was to my brother.
I can remember the single "event," just as I can recall the multitude of
moments.  I was never scared, but I did get angry...no, "irritated,"
initially.  I did suggest an "alternative" during that stage of irritation.
For some reason, my suggestion lead to more seclusion.   Not that I wanted
that, but for some reason I felt more secure, or "at-home" there.  It was a
location in the nearby woods of our sub-division development, only about 3
blocks from our homes - a lean-to fort I was building with my sister and
friends, over downed douglas fir trees.  No need to go into details, the
"event" was not "traumatic."  It was "educational," and as I grew older I
recall some of its reality seemed more connected to Life than others.  I
sensed thoughts, as some characteristics of "him" appeared in me throughout
my maturation.

Religion:
Somewhat recently, with the "events" associated with NSA, Catholic clergy,
Jon Benet, and the average neighbor, I've wondered what went on during my
childhood that I didn't know about.  Did any of my Catholic friends or my
father's generation go through a similar "event" before me; even more than
once?. That time was as many years from then, as it is years from now and
the answer will not come (nor do I care.)  Did they feel that it wasn't
"bad," but that they were only being told it was?  Nobody got injured or
killed, or even felt that they were going to be harmed.  Geez, "What's the
big deal?"  Is Jesus better than Mohammad, or are they equal?

Sitler:
There were times when I thought it was me, or my destiny.  And by all
reports, you know that if you were one, you were likely to become one.
Sometimes I felt it was my destiny to become one.  Then I came to meet one
of my "guardian angels."  I know he was one, but I can't prove it, and I'm
not a "believer."  Anyway, from that point on I came to know myself and the
"event" differently.  I could detatch myself from it more, plus I was
geographically & chronologically removed.  It didn't matter.  Even though it
was a part of what made me, it is a small fraction of the whole.  For some
people it becomes an overwhelming big fraction.  Whether single or repeat
offenders, I assume most of those know the social stigma, but followed
through anyway. "Geez, What's the big deal?"

Democracy:
Even though the Catholic and "guardian angel" - thing makes a good segue,
the problem is - I'm not a "believer."  I mean, I do believe in some things,
but I don't believe in others.  And some of those "other things" are
believed by a LOT of others.  And for many of those "other beliefs", they
are believed by the MAJORITY of others.  I learned about this early on, and
it continuously rears its visage.  My reverence for and appreciation of the
majority was lost in the 1970's.  My spirit of hope for and belief in
democracy died then.  I still have hope, but it's for something better than
Republicrat & Demonacran.  The Demon-Iran/Afric-rat majority.

ART:
Something I do believe in is ART's power to evoke emotion, analysis,
contemplation, pleasure, disgust, etc.; purely at the hand of an
etheral-alchemist.  The one that can see, where others can't and present it.
Some of us may see the whole world that way, and others of us get fleeting
glimpses.  Of those that "always see", while they are definitely focused, a
fair portion do not even see the forest.  So it often goes with $$$.
(Imagine if it wasn't even a symbol on our keyboards, or what if it just
wasn't?)  And beyond that, "What if it was part of it?"  What if ART and $$$
were =? (ART=$$$)  Capitally, it could happen.  It just needs a marketing
plan to make it the long haul.  And would that really be as good as I
envision? Or would ART become corrupt?  Is it better to be corrupt than
discarded?

Community development (CDMart / Smart):
What if Politics was ART?  What if business was ART?  What if development
was ART?  What if it was destined to be ART?  What if it was ordained to be
ART?  What if it was ordinanced to be ART?  What if design standards
destined it to be ART?  It could happen, but will it happen and in what
time-frame?  Development can be ART.  But then, it might also be said that
one needs to know what ART is to recognize or ordain it.

Gay-ity:
To understand that project, and a more secret one, you need to know that my
sister-in-law, the one I needed to applogize to, for a disparaging remark I
made in my earlier years of a 20 y.o.  I did appologize to her, but and she
states to not remember being called a "dike", while Dixie Lee Ray was in
office.  I've understood her better for some time.  While she lived with us
for 4 months last Fall (along with my elderly mother-in-law), I was able to
talk with her relatively frequently.  I think she's somewhat lonely.  She
took a long time to become comfortable with herself and the one interim
partner I felt was best, has been alienated.  I think I know how she feels.
Living like a hermit at the site of a future sustainable dwelling for our
later years.  A sustainable building that is ART.  ART that evokes "hope!"
Hope for security.  I hope we're all secure through the tough times ahead -
from those internal and from those external.  "Where will she go?"  Where
will Moscow Go?

Rats & Cats:
Pets come and go - most naturally.  We live longer than most pets.  When
they are little and cute, we don't think of them 3 years from now.  "How
they will succumb?", is nowhere near in our minds.  Quite likely, euthenasia
is the answer.  I've had to do it.  Both virtually as well as directively
towards a veterinarian.  My first one was my white mouse, Sylvester.  Not a
white rat - an old white mouse with a "cancer".  Back then, my Dad could get
Chloroform at the local pharmacy to put Sylvester down.  I was allowed to
assist beyond my digging for the coffin and making the grave marker.  I got
the canning jar & lid.  My dad got a small rag and the chloroform, then we
went outside in the front yard.  The dirt was soft and easy to dig with the
small trowel.  I don't recall the specific words of my "eulogy", but
somethime was "said."  I don't think it was "religious" in context, rather I
would say it was "reverential."  I watched him die slowly and painlessly.
He went to "sleep", lost his breath, then his heart stopped.  After a
"secure" span of minutes, he was carefully brought out of the jar,
inspected, and layed in his coffin, and then buried.  His grave was marked
after filling the shallow pit.  We left after a pause and then LIFE resumed.

Life:
Just last month death visited me again.  This time our young male cat.
Neither vet could definitively diagnose him of being poisoned, but we
gradually began to "know".  They treated his symptoms well.  The syptoms
just seemed to always change.  He had repeated periods of extreme difficulty
catching his breath.  When the first episode would subside, his nose began
to bleed.  We could see the change in his eyes, the next morning he was
worried.  He recognized his future fate.  We still had hope in our minds,
but we were ignorant.  We would make a choice within 2 days that would
change us again.  We recognize that change now, through our many past
"events" of saying to the vet, "It's time."  It is something that always
lingers, but eventually subsides and Life resumes.  We have 2 more cats; our
elderly neighbor has terminal cancer and is expected to die within a week;
while another neighbor just brought home 4 foster-kittens for her 2 dogs to
get to know.  It's all part of the same thing. LIFE.

Death:
Death has interupted my Life about 24 times since Sylvester.  The next most
memorable time was Cathy.  She was not a girlfriend, but a friendgirl.  We
were in 2nd & 3rd grade together, with lots of other friends.  The summer
after 3rd grade, she got sick.  No one told us what was wrong.  We knew she
wasn't at school, but her "twin" brother, Cliff, was.  What did he know that
we didn't?  I didn't ask because I felt it was "verboten", before I "knew"
what "verboten" was.  As I've grown older, I've come to hear of many
childhood diseases.  I don't know what it specifically was, but I "think"
"cancer."  I still reminisce of "Twinkle-toes" and how we gave each other
that mutual name on the school's playground in the winter of 1964.  My
thoughts still touch on her occasionally, usually not frequently, only
intentionally.

Water:
While it rarely snowed on the "west-side", it did rain, and I did grew up on
"the water."  The abundant waters of Puget Sound & Bristol Bay.  The
politics and business of the fishing industry are still fresh in my mind.  I
drink fresh water - aquifer water.  It is limited by the formula of (reserve
+ input) - (output) = how deep the well needs to be.  It happens everywhere,
whether it's water or oil.  Our cola consumption must become balanced or
else we perish.  The Palouse needs to know what resource it has + its
consumption + its reserve capacity.  Then it will better understand its
water and its future.  Please let me know what you find out, it can be
designed either way.

Business:
The same goes for business: (reserve+input)=(output)+time to leave.  Going
nowhere to advance your ART does not fit the equation stated above.  Either
the equation is wrong or the output is.  I believe the equation is Wright
(slight pun.)  ART & development = smart-growth.  A no brainer renaissance!
But numbers, not ART, rule for now.

Bi-polar disorder:
And talk about living on the water. What about living on the water, in a
32x10 ft box - made out of aluminum, or a 30x8 ft box made out of fiberglass
... with a manic/depressive, that needs to be making critical decisions?
Well, I survived, and so did he.  Even through the thoughts of abandonment
for any, "Man overboard!"  I never had to make the decision that I thought I
would make.

Future:
All of this is behind me, but the most important part is still ahead.  My
hopes and dreams still exist out there.  As do yours.  It will be up to you
to make your choice for the future.  I'll wait to direct my freewill in the
way I choose to make my future "better," whether you believe it or not, it
is my choice to initiate it.  I'm still waiting to hear from GMA to
understand their plan.  It is all a waiting game, while good half-starts are
being made.

Good luck & good freewill Moscow,
Mark

c 928.925.7617      f 928.776.9107

p.s. For those of you aware enough, yes I have changed my logo slightly.
Let's see how long it's future is...