[Vision2020] Marine Satire On Hold

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 6 06:57:11 PDT 2006

About a month or so back, it was reported that a Marine had written a
satirical song about killing an Iraqi family.  The Army times and the
Washington Post have been following the progress of this story.

To relieve any questions anybody may have I also posted the words to the
song "Hadji Girl".

Marine's Satire On Hold
(Washington Times, July 6, 2006, Pg. 2)
A Marine who wrote and performed a satirical song about killing an Iraqi
family that attacks him has temporarily shelved the tune, a record producer
said this week. Cpl. Joshua Belile, 23, planned to record "Hadji Girl" with
Hits Music Studios, and the conservative talk program "The Mike Church Show"
planned to be the first to air it, said Jimm Mosher, co-owner of the North
Carolina studio. But the Iraq war veteran backed out late last week, he
said.

Hadji Girl

I was out in the sands of Iraq
And we were under attack
And I, well, I didn't know where to go.

And the first thing that I could see was
Everybody's favorite Burger King
So I threw open the door and I hit the floor.

Then suddenly to my surprise
I looked up and I saw her eyes
And I knew it was love at first sight.

And she said.
Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
Hadji girl, I can't understand what you're saying.

And she said.
Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
Hadji girl, I love you anyway.

Then she said that she wanted me to see.
She wanted me to go meet her family
But I, well, I couldn't figure out how to say no.

Cause I don't speak Arabic.

So, she took me down an old dirt trail.
And she pulled up to a side shanty
And she threw open the door and I hit the floor.

Cause her brother and her father shouted.
Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
They pulled out their AKs so I could see

And they said.
Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
(with humorous emphasis:)
So I grabbed her little sister, and pulled her in front of me.

As the bullets began to fly
The blood sprayed from between her eyes
And then I laughed maniacally

Then I hid behind the TV
And I locked and loaded my M-16
And I blew those little f*ckers to eternity.

And I said.
Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
They should have known they were f*ckin' with a Marine.

The purpose of this posting is not to discredit the Marine Corps or any of
our troops currently in harm's way.

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)