[Vision2020] the pledge

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 13:34:42 PST 2006

Donovan,
I did not claim that anyone made the recommendation to quit saying the
pledge because at the time I posted I had no idea who had made the suggestion.  It
was my own idea that saying the pledge was and is a waste of time. And might
I add that at no time did I say anything about anyone's right to say the
pledge  privately whenever they so chose. Saying the pledge is like saying a public
 prayer; it is an effort by believers to force nonbelievers (whatever the
belief  might be; religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the
believers  version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief
might  be.

Don  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi