[Vision2020] the pledge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 00:05:59 PST 2006

"Saying  the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by believers  to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be;  religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers  version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief  might be."-Don Huskey

 Ironic statement coming from a guy who  wants to prevent 30,000 Palouse residents from freely shopping at the  store of their choice because of his screwy non-rational political  beliefs.

  _DJA

  DonaldH675 at aol.com wrote:          Donovan,
  I  did not claim that anyone made the recommendation to quit saying the  pledge because at the time I posted I had no idea who had made the  suggestion. It was my own idea that saying the pledge was and is a  waste of time. And might I add that at no time did I say anything about  anyone's right to say the pledge privately whenever they so chose.  Saying the pledge is like saying a public prayer; it is an effort by  believers to force nonbelievers (whatever the belief might be;  religious,patriotic, political and so on) to comply with the believers  version of reality, no matter how screwy and non-rational that belief  might be.

  Don   Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight   you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com