[Vision2020] City Council and the Pledge

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:14:41 PST 2006

On 1/22/06, Phil Nisbet <pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> How many seconds of time does it take for council members to tell us why
> they wish to alter the way meetings are conducted?

I, for one, have no remote intererest in whether council members
conduct their meetings according to the protocols outlined in Arturo
Zwingli's "The Etiquette of Modern Meetings" or follow the principles
recommended by our own Nick Gier in the course that he formerly taught
at the UI (called "How to Conduct Efficient Meetings 101," I believe).

If I am in the minority, then I propose that the following question be
asked at the next election:

"Do you subscribe to Zwinglian or Gierian meeting philosophy?"

Can I have a consensus on this?  Can the committee who decides on
which questions constitute relevant issues for our election candidates
please get back to me ASAP?  This appears to be a matter of some
urgency, judging by the amount of message traffic that it has
generated.

Thanks!