[Vision2020] Free Speech Isn't

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 09:57:50 PST 2006

According to Dale C's blog:

"When Free Speech Isn't

posted on Sunday, 22 January, 2006 7:47 AM by dmcourtn

James M. Kushiner, editor at Touchstone Magazine, discusses the pattern by
which free speech is eroded in this example case:

    News from Canada posted at LifeSite about the final outcome in a case
where someone was punished for criticizing homosexual behavior: the Supreme
Court refused to hear his appeal. It seems to be the official,
government-sanctioned position that there is absolutely nothing wrong with
sodomy and it is a crime to say otherwise.

    It's hard to believe that this can happen in the U. S., but the path
from toleration seems to lead to acceptance and then to endorsement and to
the intolerance of opposing views. The "acceptance" stage may be growing
even in "Christian" circles (e.g. Episcopal Church, NCC, and mainline--some
megachurches will follow, eventually) and the more it does, the less
successful will be the claim (to secular courts, I mean)  that the general
"Christian view" is in opposition to sodomy. Those who lag behind on the
road of sodom-nation-building will be forced to catch up or face sanctions."

To which a reader replies:

"re: When Free Speech Isn't

Sunday, 22 January, 2006 8:24 AM by Varnel

It definately seems as though our churches have been overcome with
secularism much in the way the Soviets infiltrated the churches during their
takeover."

Or like when Doug Wilson doesn't like what someone has to say regarding his
fitness as a religious leader?

His new saying:

"You have the perfect right to say what I want you to say and nothing else.
If you deviate from that I WILL GET YOU! (and your little dog too!)"

J  :]