[Vision2020] Save Magical Downtown

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 22 07:54:50 PST 2006

>From today's (January 22, 2006) Spokesman review with a special thanks to
Robert and Jeanne Jacobsen.

Save magical downtown

Kudos to Aaron Ament for getting right to business in his first council
meeting. The council is not supposed to be a closed little group or a
debating society. It is supposed to represent the citizens of Moscow.

We do not oppose New Saint Andrews College. We do oppose them in downtown.
Moscow downtown is a wonderful place where we all feel at home. New Saint
Andrews wants to make downtown a college campus where none of us will feel
at home.

All of us need to work to save our downtown. It's a magical place.

Robert & Jeanne Jacobson

Moscow

Take care, Moacow.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.