[Vision2020] Re: A Great Meeting

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:20:29 PST 2006

Shortly after the exchange about Wendt and pottery possibilities (probably
the weekend paper following) Bill London had a piece about a retreat center
at St Gertrudes near Cottonwood. I noted in that article that the suggested
donation is $60/person/nite and that they had 10,000 visitors last year. I'm
incredulous, but doing the math with the numbers given, they are grossing
$600,000/year.  It suggests that the right retreat, far enough out of Moscow
to be a retreat, and close enough to get there Friday after work, might be
something to examine as an economic engine for the county.