[Vision2020] Nils, Retreats

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:38:26 PST 2006

Nils

>From my experiences in Lemhi County the numbers you had do not look
incorrect.  As a matter of fact, there were several such places in the back
country that charged a lot more than $60 for visits and companies would book
them for away time group activities from as far away as New York.

There was a request submitted to the Planning Commission to consider a zone
for these sorts of places, as currently they would not have a legal
framework in the County.  The typical retreat location that I have seen is
very similar to the Boy Scout Camp, with bunk houses and a central dinning
hall.  You can not build or operate such a facility under our current
ordinances.

The best you could so now would be to build a number of cabins and CUP the
retreat as some sort of motel or resort.

Phil Nisbet