[Vision2020] Walmart

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 07:47:27 PST 2006

I just saw on the news (and I missed most of the details because I was  doing
other things at the same time) that a state has passed legislation  requiring
Walmart to carry health insurance for it's workers in that state.  Maybe we
need to lobby the state to do something similar. Certainly the facts  about how
many current Walmart employees in Moscow use the county indigent  health care
system and how many qualify for food stamps are relevant information  because
we all pay for those services. I suspect when all is said and done we'll
find that Walmart's low prices are a sham and that the additional cost of to the
public of supporting the store exceeds the benefits of the low prices. Since
I  have not seen any actual analyses I could be wrong.

Don  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi