[Vision2020] Honoring Soldiers While Questioning the War

Reynolds, James jreynold at vetmed.wsu.edu
Fri Jan 13 07:38:10 PST 2006

This letter agrees with the sentiment of most of the X-soldiers I know.
How awful it is that our Government (not the American people) can engage
us in these fruitless wars through the use of deception? ......It is
more awful than we are willing to admit.

One point that Tim Giago missed though is that there are those who
benefit form the war. The Paul Bremmers, The Bushes, Bakers and Rumsfeld
war makers and all of those nasty little chicken hawk, neocon toads make
out great no matter what the outcome is. America looses, Iraq looses and
the rest of the world suffers with the exception of those who set
themselves up with unaccountable, no bid, billion dollar contracts and
of course the Carlisle group (see the rub-a-dub group) who have sold
weaponry to all parties involved. The current phony "war" has also
created a scapegoat for the raiding of our treasury which is another
great benefit that has fallen upon an unscrupulous pork happy congress.
Has anyone noticed that the numbers do not add up? The cost of the Iraq
mess and the Afghan action are estimated at 370 billion as of now; that
is not even one years worth of deficit this carpet-bagging
administration has racked up on our bill.

This current, phony, manufactured deal in Iraq as well as the "War on
Terror" that is so dear to our Commander-in-crook are serving some
people very well. We should note that the people it benefits are the
same as the ones who started and want to continue it.

My condolences to the family of the young man in this letter. I wish
there was a way to stop the self-serving attitude that our leaders
display. Voting really doesn't work anymore because we only get to vote
for more of the same that is preselected for us by the very group we
need to get rid of.

What are we to do?

James Reynolds
Moscow