[Vision2020] Moscow old and new

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:06:35 PST 2006

1812?  Kai wins.  On the subject of old Moscow, a book recommendation if you
are not aware of it.  "Buffalo Coat" by Carol Ryrie Brink.   She changes the
name of the town, and of the people, but most copies I've seen have a pocket
in the back listing the actual names of the Moscow people she writes about,
including a doctor that was murdered while driving his horse and buggy back
to his office about 100 years ago.  A murder that happened right in front of
the house I live in now.  Sometimes late at night, I swear I hear horses and
gunshots......but that could be a frat party.

                 Carl Westberg Jr.