[Vision2020] Moscow old and new

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Jan 12 11:47:14 PST 2006

Well, I guess I'm a newcomer then....I've lived "in" Moscow for all of about
two weeks, now.
But I do have a family connection to the general area(in-laws
notwithstanding), an uncle of mine, several generations removed was a
trapper/trader with the Pacific Fur Company and opened a trading post near
Lewiston in the early 1800's. Yup, that's right, MacKenzie's Post (My
grandmother is a MacKenzie; red hair and temper to match).
That was in 1812-13. The Moscow area wasn't settled until about 1871. So I
guess since I had family wandering around here half a century before the sod
turners and tree cutters showed up, MY opinion counts for more than anybody
elses! <Grin>