[Spam] [Vision2020] newcomer? oldtimer?

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 12 10:53:28 PST 2006

I like your post. I remember your father-in-law. I have been in the general area since 1958 when I came north to go to the UI. I have some relatives buried in a cemetery next to Dwarshak Dam( about 1920). I am still a newcommer.
In 1958 the enrollment was about 2000. The dairy barn was whee Hartung theater is today. The Veterinary building and the Navy ROTC building were where the Ag Science parking lot is. There has been a lot of changes. An Uncle of mine lved in Willis Sweet about 1925. He was in Pear Habor the day after it was bombed and until a few years ago was a volunteer at the Navy Museum in San Francisco.
Don Theopolus was President and Jim Kraus was Dean of Agriculture. They were great people and knew most of the students and their parents.
Come listen to Mike Wendt tonight and have some pancakes and sausage.