[Vision2020] "Acceleration" Defined -- geeking it up

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Thu Jan 12 11:16:56 PST 2006

Melynda says:
"I'll bet you never won a free movie rental at Howard Hughes for *your*
wife by knowing how long it took Han Solo to make the Kessel Run."

Never won a free rental, but I do know it was less than 12 par secs.
Even though a par sec is a measure of distance rather than time, it has
been explained by George Lucas that the remark meant that the Falcon's
computer was so advanced that it was able to plot a shorter route
through hyperspace than any other ship, and thus get to its destination
sooner, while "Jedi Search" by Kevin J. Anderson explained the statement
as meaning that Captain Solo was able to hug closer to the black hole
cluster near Kessel known as the Maw, thereby shaving off distance.

And if you're going to watch *Metropolis* or *Cabinet of Dr. Caligari*
(which still creeps me out), you have to get *Nosferatu*.

Time for the GEEKUALIZER!!

DC