[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (January 8, 2005)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 8 18:57:18 PST 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

This afternoon's show was a real barn-burner and a MUST HEAR.

While Bro "C" was preoccupied elsewhere, Auntie was chaperoned by none other
than Rose Huskey and Saundra Lund.  In addition to a dedication to Lou
Rawls, topics concerned, but were not limited to:

1)  Rose's and Saundra's appeal to the Idaho Board of Tax Appeals this week

2)  Why a Wal-Mart super center would not serve the best interests of Moscow
and its citizens

3)  Moscow City Council's inappropriate response to Councilman Ament's
tabling of a community concern at last Tuesday's council session

4)  The puppet-like behavior of County Commissioner/Chamber of Commerce
President/Christ Church member Paul Kimmell.

If, for whatever reason, you were unable to tune in, you may download the
show (in its entirety) at:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Auntie_Establishment_and_Brother_Carl

In memory of Lou Rawls, I added my personal favorite Lou Rawls song at the
end of the recording.

At, or near, the end of the show Auntie presented an open challenge to Dale
"Doug's Boy" Courtney (Palouse's Comb-Over Poster Child of 2006) [DB], to
suit up and rumble once and for all.  Let's get it over with.  Does DB
possess sufficient quantity of the appropriate genetalia to accept the
challenge?  Or is DB, as so many suspect, simply a bag of hot air with way
too much time on his hands?  I, for one, am all for DB accepting this
challenge, although I doubt he will.  However, if DB should accept this
challenge, I am just as certain that Auntie will drop him faster than a gay
intern at Anselm House.

No challenge is worth the offer without rewards for the winner.  If DB
should win such a challenge, I am certain that Auntie is willing to offer
appropriate winnings.  Likewise, I am just as certain that the inverse holds
true.  My recommendation, should Auntie win (and she will), would be for
Dale "Doug's Boy" Courtney to loudly and proudly serenade Auntie in
Friendship Square on a Saturday afternoon with the song "You Make Me Feel
Like A Natural Woman".

Until then . . .

Take care, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"