[Vision2020] HR 3855

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sat Jan 7 22:15:27 PST 2006

Phil,

Here's a link to a satellite image of the
Floodwood State "Forest", fifty scant air miles
from Moscow. Forest is in quotes because as is
seen in the image: there are no trees. And don't
even think about trying the line "the trees are
regenerating/replanting and just aren't visible
yet". A tree farm is not a forest.

Oh yeah.. the ground just to the west that has
also been hammered is Potlatch land. All used to
be part of the public domain.

http://maps.google.com/?t=h&ll=46.916503,-115.922241&spn=0.118428,0.225563&t=h

This next link is a closeup of the remains of the
"Land Board State Park" in the middle of the
Floodwood. Once a sanctuary of ancient cedars it
is now a doomed island in a clearcut sea.

http://maps.google.com/?t=h&ll=46.902255,-115.899067&spn=0.007404,0.014098&t=h

Mark Solomon