[Vision2020] Logos School's Policy of Entrance Discrimination

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Jan 3 18:05:16 PST 2006

crabtree writes:

And yet these uneducated rubes & bumpkins manage to turn out above average
product. Fancy that. I would be thinking about the value of teaching
certification programs.

Me:

I think crabtree has a point here: this educational movement has been
somewhat antagonistic towards 'certification' (at least from what I can
tell).  Certification is 'beneath' some of them, which makes sense, since
this movement is also largely antagonistic towards public education.  And
so, lack of certification does not provide strong evidence of incompetence.
It of course does not provide evidence of competence either (education
degrees offer more than just 'pagan psycho babble')

Michael Metzler